General Data Protection Regulation
We at QVG Driving School (also trading as Driving School Development) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The General Data Protection Regulation and the Conditions of Use sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat and use it.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, “We”(as defined and detailed in this website (QVG Driving School) are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may process and collect the following data from you:
- We only collect personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as when you use our contact form or make an enquiry over the phone. This may include the following information: your name, address, postcode, phone number, email address & preferred transmission. This is to ensure we can provide the service in your preferred area and for instructors to be in touch to arrange lessons.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided by yourself when registering to use our Site. Information provided to request further services or posting material.
- If you contact us , we may keep a copy of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, you are under no obligation to respond to these.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our Site.
- Information that you provide to by telephone, text, email or Facebook messenger relating to information needed for the purpose of your driving lessons and test bookings.
Uses made of your Personal Data
We use information held about you in the following ways
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and QVG Driving School
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We reserve the right to exchange your personal information with independent driving instructors who have a franchise with QVG Driving School.
Where we Store Your Personal Data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it.
When you provide us with any data we’ll always make clear why we need it and will obtain your consent to use it. If you provide consent on behalf of another person, you must ensure that you have their authorisation to do so. We reserve the right to request confirmation to ensure and verify that you have that authorisation.
When you make payment for a service online or over the phone (payment to a driving instructor for driving lessons) personal details and credit or debit card information is private and secure. We are committed to providing this security for you. We use a card authorisation processor to ensure all the details given are safe and secure. We do not keep or hold any credit or debit card details.
We use “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening.
This information is not stored nor sold to any parties outside of QVG Driving School and is not used to identify you personally. It is only to better present information to our users.
We will ensure to keep you up to date and informed of any changes made this policy. If you have any questions about privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: May 2018